With the insurgence of great productions and high attraction for African Movies, Nexflix keeps adding to its category of ‘Made in Africa’. We have put together 10 interesting Must watch African movies on Nexflix for the month of August since you might have little time to comb through the category.
Our list is a cocktail of Romance, Comedy, action and drama.
Check out the list below
- A man for the Weekend: A Man For The Weekend tells us the story of Candace Ayuk (Candy), a young business executive. Driven by her career, she has no time for the pleasure of life, much to the chagrin of her mother who want to see her settle down. This drive wedge between the two as Candy finds herself avoiding her mother’s calls for obvious reasons to find a man just to please her mother but sad, the man she found as the perfect one to present to her mom turned out to be a fraud.
2. Sanitation Day : Two cops must contend with the uncooperative tenants of an apartment complex as they try to solve a murder before the crime scene is wiped clean.
3. How to Ruin Christmas (The Wedding): Prodigal daughter Tumi tries to make things right after completely ruining what should have been her sister’s picture-perfect Christmas wedding.
4. Kambili (The whole 30 yards): Determined to marry before she turns 30, a woman tries to change her impulsive ways and do whatever it takes to win back the boyfriend who left her.
5. Voiceless: A bright and promising young girl gets abducted and taken to a terrorist camp, where she unexpectedly crosses paths with her soulmate.
6. I am all Girls: A relentless detective finds common ground with a killer systematically targeting the perpetrators running a powerful child-trafficking ring.
7. Santana: Two brothers — one a narcotics agent and the other a general — finally discover the identity of the drug lord who murdered their parents decades ago.
8. This Lady called Life: Abandoned by her family, young single mother Aiye struggles to survive but stays focused on her dream of becoming an elite chef.
9. Finding Hubby: Oyin and her two close friends are on the hunt for husbands, but find that they must grapple with their own expectations as they look for love.
10. Ije (The Journey): When her sister is accused of multiple murders, a Nigerian woman travels to Los Angeles to uncover the truth and fight for her sibling’s freedom.